Camera background failed the first time I tried it on August 7th
of this year. I put in a service support request (67574519) the following day. After a bit of discussion with Nelly, who was helpful, the ticket went on to higher support.
This began the worst customer service experience I have ever had.
First I got Fernanda (sometimes Ferdinand J; code names are fine
for privacy, but you should be consistent), who had clearly not read the ticket
as they told me how to turn the feature on, rather than address that it was not
working.
Then I got Izaro, who determined that it was a hardware issue,
despite the feature running without issue on the same hardware for years and
similar features in other programs (such as Teams) running without issue. Izaro
demonstrated an unwavering faith that it was the hardware, and wouldn’t respond
to any evidence to the contrary.
The feature was working up to 31 July 2026, and I was using it
twice weekly without issue. I did not subscribe to premium Nitro because the
feature was not working. On the contrary, I subscribed because it was working
well and I was happy with it. I am not subscribed any longer.
Any response that claims the feature cannot run on the existing
hardware - unless Discord requirements changed - is a non-starter. Because
I have at least two data points per week over years showing that the hardware
is not the issue.
That the feature ran for years is part of the ticket. That it ran
the Friday before I made the ticket (which is July 31st) is part of the ticket.
It really seems like they have not read the ticket, and cannot be bothered to
take the ticket seriously.
I am therefore looking at alternatives to migrate my games to. I
am making this public in the hopes that either they will actually try to fix
the issue, or that someone else will not make the mistake of paying for
features that, if they stop working, Discord support cannot be bothered to take
seriously.

No comments:
Post a Comment