Sunday 15 January 2023

So, there is this Patreon experiment....


As you may be aware, late last year I started a modest Patreon. Part of my goal was to force myself to write something every month. With a 6-month exclusivity clause for patrons, that meant that around mid-2023 I would also automatically have publishable content and a pool of potential playtesters. The other part of my goal was to create additional income to help prepare for when health issues inevitably take me out of the workforce.

I missed part of my December goal, and issued refunds as a result. On the other hand, I expect two adventures to drop this month instead of one. Also, some good news on the health front suggests that my health is going to hold out longer than I feared. So, you win some and you lose some. I am hoping to win more than lose, but then, I am a perpetual optimist. Frankly, I am still figuring out how best to do this.

This post is my pitch to make you consider joining my Patreon. I realize that January is the worst financial month of the year, and traditionally the most depressing. I realize that the shitstorm brought on by WotC is adding to both. You might as well treat yourself to something nice. In fact, at the very least you should drop by and pick up the free stuff. I understand that, for many of us, that is all we can really do...but there is free stuff, and you should have it.

So far, patrons of my Patreon have received:

Adventures:

Down Among the Wreckers

The Invisible Man Has Risen from the Grave

The Mound of Sorrows

Monster Supplements:

 A Germanic Bestiary

Faeries of the Twilight World

Monsters of the Autumn Moon

Monsters of Doré

Strange & Perilous Beings ot the Waves

Fifteen Feculent Fungi

Encounters:

Heart's Ease and the Weight of the World

In the Forest of the Night

The Hungry Islands

The Tainted Scroll of Aranha

The Urchin Gambit

And, more widely available (by which I mean, free stuff):

When Snowmen Attack!

LaSalle Man

I am also participating in the 365-Day Challenge (365-area adventure module in 365 days), so far up to day 15, free for all patrons (including the tippers). Eventually these, too, will be compiled into some sort of publishable order.  But why wait until all is done to have input into what is done?

The final line is this: This blog is going to be here as long as I am able to maintain it. There is always going to be a plethora of free stuff - I am 8 posts away from completing conversions from the Fiend Folio, for instance - and the material going out to patrons will eventually, if all goes to plan, get expanded, corrected, and then repackaged and sold through a publisher as yet unknown. You don't need to do this. But if you want to do this, here is the link.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.