Friday 1 April 2022

Announcement

It is with a sad heart that I have to announce that I am leaving the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG creative community. There are a few products outstanding that I have to finish up writing for, and then my involvement with DCC will be finished.

On the other hand, I am excited to announce that I have been tapped as part of a creative team to create a new 6e (you heard it here first!) which I think is going to be a fantastic game. We have been talking about include a ton of new and old old-school style art, which is fantastic, including TSR-era pieces the publisher has the rights to use!

The 6e system we are envisioning builds on everything that has come before. Some highlights include:

  • A return to 3d6, straight down the line.
  • An emphasis on unique monsters and unpredictable magic.
  • Fighters will gain Warrior Feats, which will replace entire feat trees and increase automatically as they level.
  • In fact, the entire idea of feats is being reworked into rewards that characters can earn through adventuring, in addition to the usual gold and magic items. We are calling this "Adventure For It!" and it will be the beating heart of 6e.
  • Clerics can cast their spells all day long, but at a risk of angering their gods.
  • Arcane spellcasters can also cast as long as they make their spell attack rolls. Bad things can happen if they roll a "1" though!
  • The patron system, introduced in the previous edition, will be greatly expanded.
  • A new statistic, Karma, can be used to secure one-time bonuses to PC rolls.

All in all, we are really excited about this. It will be unlike anything else on the market, and is a return to old-school play principles for the band. We hope that you will try 6e as playtest modules become available online. I'll be writing for 6e exclusively from now on.

Some of you may be looking at the date of this post and wondering if it is a joke. I can assure you that it is. But it is a post that I wrote last November after Empire of the Cyclops Con in anticipation of April Fools Day.

9 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this "Sixeeeee". Will it be available from the usual outlets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you slay me! You are one crazy fellow. But with you writing now for 6e, I can now, hopefully, catch up on all the DCC RPG stuff you've written. Congrats on the new TTRPG you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious Daniel. Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me! I hate April Fool's Day. 🤬

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all seriousness, putting all that into terms like this makes dcc much easy to sell to the 5e players I know.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.